United Nations Staff Council at Vienna
Vision and Mission Statements
The United Nations Staff Council at Vienna works to ensure that all UN staff in Vienna and its associated field offices enjoy:
- Full representation
- A safe and secure working environment
To protect the rights and well-being of all UN staff in Vienna and its associated field offices by representing and empowering staff within the framework of the values and objectives embodied in the UN Charter.
The UN Staff Council at Vienna fulfils its mission by working to:
- Engage with staff while treating every person equally
- Inform staff of their rights and obligations
- Promote an environment of trust, accountability and integrity
- Provide guidance when staff are unfairly or unjustly treated
- Enhance job security and career development
- Represent staff rights and interests when policies affecting conditions of service are developed
- Cooperate with other Vienna-based organizations and external service providers to enhance the lives of staff
- Promote a healthy and productive work-life balance.